Blue, grey and brown sandstone has been quarried in the Forest of Dean since the Bronze age and stone was brought within the Free Miners rights in 1838.
The recording starts with the stone at Bixhead quarry being prised from the face and raised by a 10-tonne derrick crane.
At Cannop stoneworks, the large blocks are cut into slabs by the frame saws. The drama of these old diamond saws slowly slicing through the rock has been a popular sight for walkers peering through the fence since the works was established in 1902.
The slabs are cut to size with diamond circular saws and then dressed by masons using traditional tools and pneumatic chisels. An old stone planing machine is also seen in action.
The images on this page are taken from the video.